Guardians Of Care, LLC is a private healthcare advocate company which strives to better the quality of life for nursing home residents by ensuring that the nursing facility delivers the best quality care to the individual.
Guardians Of Care, LLC wishes to be recognized as the leader in healthcare advocacy specializing in nursing home care characterized by our common understanding of and sensitivity to our clients and their families, appreciation of the practical application of both Federal and State regulations, engagement and cooperation with the persons and organizations involved in the care of our clients, and a commitment to promote and improve the quality of nursing home care of our clients.
The Aging Population
- There are more Americans 65 and older than at any other time in U.S. history. In 1900, 4% of the total population were listed as 65 and older. In 2015 this percentage had increased to 15%. In 2010 there were 40 million American who were 65 and older. By the year 2020, the 65 and older population is estimated to be 55 million or a 73% increase within 10 years.
- Persons reaching age 65 today have an additional life expectancy of 19 years and therefore are expected to live to be 84.
- In 2011, the first of the nation’s 77 million Baby Boomers (those born between the years of 1946-1964) reached age 65.
- 8000 persons turn 65 each day.
- It is estimated that at least 5% of this population will end up living in a nursing facility.
As the population of elderly citizens increases, nursing homes will become larger and harder to supervise. Already the incidences of nursing home abuse and neglect are on the rise. This increasing population is going to need an exponential need for nursing home advocates.
We Can Do For You
AS YOUR ADVOCATE WE WILL: Guide our clients through the difficult transition to nursing home life, help our clients understand what nursing homes are required to do for them, help our clients understand their rights as a nursing home resident, monitor the care and quality of life for our clients in the nursing home and, act as a powerful resource during interaction with the nursing home staff. We will become the “care watchdogs” our clients need for the best quality of life.
Dr. Michael Gottesman is President of Guardians Of Care, LLC. He is a licensed nursing home administrator. He has sat in the administrator’s chair of nursing homes for twenty-four years. Dr. Gottesman is a part of the adjunct faculty for Wilbur Wright College where he teaches students who want to go into nursing home administration. In 2009 Dr. Gottesman was elected as a “Hero Of Long Term Care” by the residents and staff of the facility. “Hero Of Long Term Care” is an award given by the Illinois Council of Long Term Care for those dedicated and caring staff members who have made meaningful contributions to the lives of their facilities.
Guardians Of Care, LLC is a proud member of The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates.
Founded in 2009, the Alliance of Professional Health Advocates with 650+ members, is the largest and most extensive professional and support organization for private, independent patient advocates.